REVIEW: WRONG PLACE WRONG TIME BY GILLIAN MCALLISTER


Originally published: 12 May 2022
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

“CAN YOU STOP A MURDER WHEN IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED?”

 

I absolutely loved this book! I don't think I've ever read anything quite like it. It takes the Groundhog Day trope and puts a unique spin on it that had me hooked right from the start.


Jen, a lawyer, mother of a teenage kid, and wife, opens the book. She has a contented life with her family up until the moment she sees her son Todd murder a stranger in front of their home.

She goes to bed that night with the hope that it was simply a nightmare.

It is the previous day when she awakens.

Every time she goes to sleep at night, the day advances once more.

She believes that the solutions to this seemingly senseless murder must be hidden in the past, and she must take all necessary steps to uncover them and prevent the crime from happening.

One of the things I enjoyed most about the book was the strong protagonist, Jen. The story is highly character-driven, and I found myself invested in Jen's journey and rooting for her every step of the way. It was also fascinating to read about her relationship with her son and how her workaholic tendencies caused her to miss out on important moments.

The book is full of surprises and unexpected twists, which kept me on my toes and made for a thoroughly engaging reading experience. I love a good surprise, and this book definitely delivered.

Overall, I can confidently say that this is one of the best books I've ever read. I highly recommend it and can't wait to check out more of the author's work!

Comments

Popular Posts