REVIEW: THE LOST VICTIM BY JENNIFER HUNTER


 

Pub Date: 1 May 2023

Author: Jennifer Hunter

Genres: ThrillerMysterySuspensePsychologicalPolice procedural

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

“A traumatized witness to a serial killer's crimes is the only key to solving them in a gripping novel of psychological suspense.”


Ryan Strickland, an FBI consultant and psychologist, dedicated an extensive amount of time to unravel the mystery surrounding his sister's disappearance. Known for his remarkable ability to encourage hesitant victims to share their experiences, Ryan has built a strong reputation in his field. Recently, a woman has emerged as a potential connection to an unidentified serial killer, whose heinous crimes span several decades. However, the young woman, who has endured severe trauma, is withholding crucial details.

As a cautious bond develops between the woman and Ryan, she agrees to confront the horrifying past she had escaped. With each step, the hope is to gather any piece of evidence that could aid investigators in capturing the murderer.

The startling revelations that emerge from the woman's most harrowing memories catch everyone off guard, surpassing all expectations.

This book is a total thrill ride! It has everything I love in a thriller – an addictive story, unexpected twists, and an ending that totally caught me off guard.

The bond between Ryan and Olivia, the witness, was interesting to read. I loved how Ryan could get information from Olivia without her saying much. It was fascinating and kept me super interested.

This book is like nothing I've read before in the best way possible. The twists and turns had me on the edge of my seat, and when the big reveal hit, I finally understood why it all happened. It sheds light on what really goes on with people who've experienced trauma. Highly recommend!

I’ve got to say, this is a well-written book and my first time reading anything by this author. The characters are so interesting, complex, and totally entertaining. And let me tell you, I'm a sucker for serial killer stories, and the suspense and intrigue in this book had me hooked from start to finish.

The characters are so well-developed, and their dialogues feel real and believable. It's a well-crafted, exciting, action-packed thriller that kept me up way past my bedtime!

This book is absolutely amazing. It's a riveting page-turner that dives into some seriously dark territory. You can't predict what's going to happen next. Just when you think it's over around two-thirds in, there's still so much more to uncover. I finished it in one afternoon because I couldn't bear to put it down. The subject matter is intense, but the story had me completely engrossed. I'm already itching for the next book in the series.

This advanced copy from NetGalley allowed me to dive into this book before anyone else, and I'm so glad I did.

Comments

Popular Posts