REVIEW: THE LIE BY KATHRYN CROFT

 


Pub Date: 20 April 2023

Author: Kathryn Croft

Genres: Mystery, Suspense, Psychological

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

The evening of a barbeque hosted by her boyfriend Jacob's family, 16-year-old Rose goes missing.

Jacob, who isn't exactly truthful about what transpired that night, quickly raises suspicion.

The only person who appears to believe Jacob's denial that he was involved in Rose's abduction is his mother, Lucy. She must now find a means to prove her son's innocence.

Through the perspectives of Rose's mother Carrie and Jacob's mother Lucy, we see the events. There are also chapters occasionally written from Rose's perspective.

I found this book to be a real page-turner and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The story kept me intrigued as I pondered the circumstances surrounding Rose's disappearance. The narrative from Rose's point of view provided hints of a potentially sinister truth, and when the details were ultimately revealed, I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease.

I found the book to be captivating, with a plot that had me thoroughly engrossed. The eventual revelation of the truth felt like a satisfying payoff after such a gripping build-up.

I found the main characters to be quite unlikeable, which made it difficult for me to relate to them. Also, the plot dragged a little bit and had several unresolved plot issues. There were some side stories that just didn't appear to relate to the main story.

Kathryn Croft has expertly created a captivating psychological thriller had me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire story. I was absolutely hooked, anxious to uncover the truth about Rose's situation.

Many thanks to NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased review.


Comments

Popular Posts